Welcome to S. Iranzad & Associates
With over 30 years of professional experience in most continents of the world, we offer full range of immigration and business advisory services to our personal and corporate clients. A hallmark of our practice is offering a quality similar to that offered or expected from a major consulting firm without costing as much. Our service has a close, caring and personalized aspect.
Our services are not restricted to the Province of British Columbia as we have done and will conduct work across Canada, dozens of states in U.S.A., most of Europe and the Middle East. In special circumstances we have performed professional work in connection with Africa and Australia. We have practically covered many industries a summary of which is shown at the bottom of this page.
About S. Iranzad
Formal reception with the Shah of Iran at Golestan Palace in 1975
S. Iranzad & Associates is a professional consulting firm established by its founder Mr. Shahriar (Sid) Iranzad in 1988. Sid started his career as a professional accountant in 1970 by joining the predecessor firm of PriceWaterhouseCoopers in Iran, as an articling student, while pursuing his qualification. In 1974 he graduated the accounting and finance program with the highest marks and was invited to a formal reception with the Shah of Iran at Golestan Palace. Subsequently he attended a residential MBA program structured and organized by the Harvard Business School. He graduated from this program in 1975 when he went back to his sponsoring employer; Coopers & Lybrand (C & L) as a senior management consultant. During his consulting practice from 1975-79 he also attended a special Ph.D program in Business Administration designed and setup by two major american universities for the Tehran University. He graduated from this program in 1979 and was one of the seven candidates graduating from this degree course out of initially eight hundred.
Following this era he moved to London-England where he registered with both the Institute of Chartered Accountants of England & Wales and the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants. He completed the foundation stage of both Institutes and then proceeded to qualifying as a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) in 1983. During the course of his training in London-England, he traveled extensively throughout Europe and became familiar with Tax Heavens and International Tax Planning including Reciprocal Tax Treaties.
In 1983 he immigrated to Canada and was offered a senior position with the Business Investigations Group of the firm of C & L in Vancouver-British Columbia. During his tenure with this firm he was raised to the position of Manager of Business Investigations and was sent to Toronto for intense group training. Following this promotion he also challenged the admission test of the Institute of Certified Management Consultants of Canada-BC Chapter (CAMC) in 1986 successfully. Until 1988 he was responsible for field administration of many receivership management assignments, look-sees, business plans, monitoring reports, risk assessments, litigation support work and en-block sale of business assets. In April of 1988 he joined the Sandman and Northland group of companies, a client of C & L, to assist them during a restructuring under the Companies Creditors Arrangement Act (CCAA) as their group controller. Upon successful completion of this assignment, he formed his consulting management firm of Big 8 Management Consultants Inc. and subsequently in 1996 spun-off all accounting work into a newly formed company called S. Iranzad & Associates Accounting Services Ltd.
Since 1990 in response to major influx of new immigrants to Canada from Iranian origin Sid commenced his intense study of the Immigration Act & Regulations to assist his clients at the source. He is now a full member of the Canada Regulatory Council (ICCRC). With this accreditation he is able to represent his clients in all levels of immigration courts in Canada and file immigration applications of all categories with appropriate Canadian Posts. To acquire this license he had to submit 20 practical cases, pass the entrance test, meet the background search requirements, attain language competency marks and pass the final examination.
As a fully licensed member of ICCRC Immigration Services include:
• Representing clients in the admissibility hearings, citizenship hearings, Immigration Appeal Division (IAD) and all other immigration related hearings up to Federal Court Level
• Filing monitoring reports and application to remove terms and conditions of landing of entrepreneur immigrants with the business unit of Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC)
• Filing all applications for child sponsorship, spousal sponsorship, parents sponsorship and adoption procedures
• Filing immigration application under all categories of the Immigration Act and Regulations including Business (investor, entrepreneur and self employed) , Skilled Worker, Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP), Family Class, Care Givers and Temporary Workers and Refugees
• Filing applications for citizenship
• Filing applications for renewal of Permanent Resident Cards
• Assisting in completion of immigration and citizenship questionnaires
• Attending various internal hearings at the business unit
• Searching and sourcing suitable businesses for active investment by entrepreneur immigrants
S. Iranzad & Associates provides professional consulting services including:
• Preparation of feasibility studies and business plans
• Conducting due diligence for clients buying various businesses
• Advising clients in making a variety of business decisions
• Corporate finance and restructuring
• Legal support services
• Cost controls and budgetary exercises